Monday, July 4, 2016

A walk in the woods

What a wonderful outing!  I have decided that we will try and go on a field trip on Mondays and Fridays this Summer. Those are my days without any babies, and my numbers are lower so I thought it would be a bit easier. Today I had one child on holiday and one child ended up home sick, so there were only three children to take out. It was way too easy.......and way too fun!

I checked my weather app before we left and it said that White Rock was going to be cloudy with sunny periods from 10 am. Well, it was right. It was just starting to rain in Maple Ridge when we left just after 9, and it poured all the way through Surrey to 24th Avenue.  But when we arrived at Redwood Park, which is on 20th Avenue, it was wet, but it wasn't raining. 
 
We were under the trees anyway, so even if it was drizzly, we would have been fine, but it was a lovely day to explore and go for a walk in the woods.

They all loved the fairy garden. 

All it really is, is a clearing in the woods filled with painted bird houses and little doors on trees. They all really enjoyed themselves. It was like a treasure hunt because some houses were hidden through little pathways, others were out in the open. Lots of glitter, and tiny houses. I didn't know if my nephews would really care, but they really got into it. We had a lot of fun!

Michelangelo and Batman showed up a few times. Look at Mila's face!

We walked around for almost 2 hours. It was a great little adventure!

No comments: