Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Here we go again!

My new baby started Daycare yesterday and he is adjusting wonderfully. Baby Nolan left at the end of May, due to his Mommy being due with new baby Oliver, and I knew I had six weeks of no babies under-two.  Because, even though I love these little ones, they really are needy. Even the easy-going ones are still needier than the big kids. In a different way. Does that make sense?

Family care is all about having lots of different age groups, and after having a full week of after-schoolers, this week is all young ones except for Lucas. I don't think he is all that impressed that all his friends are on holiday this week, as he has been more demanding than usual.  But he has been also the most amazing big buddy too.  He doesn't like it when everyone has naps.  And with an almost-one year old, and two and almost-3 year olds there is always someone sleeping!  From 10 until 4, there is usually someone heading to bed or just getting up.  Here we go again!

This is Preston. I used to take care of his Mommy in the 90's and she was quite excited to find out that I had a spot for her son when she called me last September. He just learned how to walk last week, so that is nice for me and my back.  He loves to eat!  So far the only thing I have found that he doesn't like is avocado. He sure did enjoy his raspberries, blueberries and cheese!

It was really rainy yesterday but we managed to get outside for a little bit in the morning and in the afternoon. 

Peek-a-boo!  Aren't those amazing blue eyes?  And that blonde hair? I bet you wouldn't ever know that his Daddy is half-Japanese. Which makes this little guy a quarter Asian. 

He only has two teeth, on the bottom.  He is working like crazy on the top ones. (note the very very drooly bib)

He has a really easy-going personality. And was really fascinated with this little look-and-see bag today. He really liked the texture, and kept squishing it around in his fingers. I don't even think it is my toy, one of the blessings brought it over a few weeks ago and it never left. 

No comments: