Wednesday, August 17, 2016

An evening out

Hubby and I went on a recycling depot tour last night. I registered to go because I thought about taking the daycare children but decided to check it out for myself first. 

Hubby said he would come  with me so I thought that was nice of him. I also was surprised how many people showed up on a hot Tuesday evening, to learn about recycling. There are more people who care about reusing, reducing and recycling than I thought.

This was interesting. It takes one and a half of these containers to make into one compressed bale.

It was plastics, waxed containers and all sorts of miscellaneous metal that is in this big container. 

And here is the finished product. It took about fifteen minutes and it was actually very interesting.  I think the children would really enjoy coming here. I know that Hubby and did. 

No comments: