Monday, August 8, 2016

The honour system

Yesterday was Sunday and it really was a day of rest.  I went to church in the morning and listened to an excellent service about love and went home after lunch as there was a Thrill of the Grill. Except for a few hours when we went out in the afternoon to get our shopping done, I stayed home and did a lot of nothing. Watched a few shows from my PVR, and cooked a really nice meal with lots and lots of vegetables (I have been craving them.....even though we ate healthy most of our holiday, I really felt like I was lacking in greens). This little vegetable stand helped me out a bit. I love this little place, as the produce is so fresh and so reasonably priced. 

Yes, that is eggplant in Hubby's right hand.  I believe it was $2.75 for a bag of four.  I don't even know how to cook it, but I figured Google is a great resource and I could learn. 

This is how you pay for your food. Funny, hey?  Last time we were here, there was an open bucket and we could make change. I guess that didn't work out so well. Even now, the sign says that we can take our vegetables and pay later. I love it!

No comments: