Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy BC Day!

It's BC Day today but we are in Alberta. I imagine that it is called Alberta Day in this province as it is a provincial holiday. My aunt keeps calling it Family Day, which it is exactly what it has been. We spent the day with our family.

Happy BC Day. I love having a long weekend in the middle of Summer. And 39 years ago, on a Monday evening of a BC Day long weekend, I actually went into labour. Funny that I should actually remember that, but I do.

We went to visit my aunt and uncle this morning.  They are both 84, and I think they are amazing!  We had a wonderful visit, and all of the blessings were extremely well behaved. 

After lunch, we went to the beach. My aunt and my cousins live in a community that has a beautiful man-made lake. Miracle #3 said she really didn't know that Calgary had a beach. Calgary actually has several, but this was a fun place to spend the afternoon. 

Everyone had a tremendous time. Today was nice and warm, and it was the perfect afternoon to spend playing at the lake. 

Very pretty, don't you think?  Sand, sun and water.......The blessings just loved it!

No comments: