Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Only five days late

We celebrated Miracle #1's birthday last night.  She turned 39 last Wednesday and we were away so she had to wait. And you know, she was not too patient about waiting.  I often look at her and wonder about a lot......she is my one child who has made us work harder than the other three combined. And at 39, she still doesn't listen, she doesn't like to share and she talks about herself way too much. I often call her my princess. 

I remember reading John Gray's book many years ago about ages and taking care of yourself. And if you weren't married by the time you are 35, then you should get a pet or grow a garden because you need to learn how to take care something other than yourself. You need to understand unconditional love.......hmmmm, she should have come to church on Sunday, the sermon was talking directly to her.  

Well, I don't recommend that #1 gets a pet but she needs to grow a garden. She needs to understand that life isn't all about her. As hard as I tried to teach her that when she was growing up, I failed miserably, but in all fairness, it wasn't all my fault. I had help. My counselor told me years ago that my firstborn is a product of me and my husband, and my parents. We shared her. So a lot of the things that I taught her were totally untaught the minute she went to stay with my Mom and Dad.  Sad, but true. 

Anyway, we were able to get together as a family and have Japanese food and birthday pie.  She was thankful and we all had a really nice evening together. It was was the first Monday night dinner we have had for 3 weeks because #2 and his family were camping, and then we were away last week. It seemed like a longer time than that, but it really wasn't. I missed everyone.  Because as much as we sometimes take everyone for granted because we see each other so often, we all really look forward to our weekly get-togethers. We are blessed. And just because we all don't agree with one another all the time, and we don't always get along, we all do love each other. My mama heart was smiling when we were eating, talking and laughing together. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful first born daughter!  I love you to the moon and back again!!!

No comments: