Thursday, August 11, 2016

The freedom and time to play


I wholeheartedly believe this.  And we had the most amazing group of players today. They played and played. And they had lots of snacks, lunch, and some had naps. I was so busy as their caregiver, that I really didn't even get time to clean up the lunch dishes before we had afternoon snack. 

Preston came back today and he hasn't been feeling well, so he was quite needy. It was just a cold, but he hadn't been to Daycare in two weeks, and so he was going to be needy anyway, even if he felt 100%. And I think because Preston was so needy, Sweet Pea decided to be needy too. Remember I said that she was fully toilet-trained on Tuesday. I take it back. As well as she did on Tuesday is as poor as she did yesterday and today. Yesterday was just a couple of accidents, but today was more. I think she is overtired. DIL says she has had to wake her up at 8:00 the past two mornings.  And she is learning so much these days, that her brain must be tired. I mean, she went from diapers and a two hour nap to going potty and no nap. It's got to be tough. So we had many meltdowns today. She got lots and lots of extra hugs as that is what she seemed to be needing. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for her. 

And I had a house full of 4, 5 and 6 year olds, who are very independent. They played Dress-up and Polly Pockets. They coloured, built blocks and played Lego. They built forts, read books, and played air hockey.  I found all my crafting scissors and they cut and taped paper for almost an hour. They were so busy and happy. And when Sweet Pea wasn't melting down, she was very happy too. I think #2 says it best when he calls her his emotionally unstable toddler. It's very age-appropriate, but she has been the 'baby' for the last two days, so I don't think she was all that happy to share me. Two year olds are cute...they have to be!

So here is the one and only photo that I took today. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Girls are so fun! Yes, I know that there is one little boy with all of these girls.  These children played so well together. All day long!

No comments: