Sunday, August 7, 2016

Rio 2016

I have been so busy traveling that I haven't really had time to acknowledge that the Summer Olympics started on Friday. SIL was watching a little bit of the Opening Ceremonies in the motel room on Friday evening, and I am usually much more interested. I was too busy paying attention to the people than paying attention to the TV screen.  Baby is needy, and she loves her Gamma and Gampa so we tend to be very preoccupied when she is around. I try to give #3 as much as a break as I can, but she is such a Mommy's girl too. Turning into a little bit more of a Daddy's girl now that she has turned 2, but we will always know when she is around.....she is very strong-willed, determined and loud. I just love her to the moon and back again, but we are all appreciating that she is getting a little bit older and can understand that she has to have a little bit of patience.  At the same time, it is very bittersweet because she is not really a baby any more. Typical two-year old though, as she is very ego-centric which is completely age-appropriate.  

Anyway, I digress.  Our 4 by 100 girls relay swimming team won a bronze medal yesterday. Yay Canada!  

No comments: