Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lots of activity

It's been a busy two days. It's actually been a busy six days as I have been out every evening since Thursday of last week. Wednesday was the only day I stayed home as I was out the previous four evenings as well. And yes, I have been home every evening by 9 or 10 at the latest, but it's made me tired. Which is a good thing, because it means I have been sleeping. Quite well. Thank-you, Jesus!

My street has been a whirlwind of activity. Literally. The trucks come and the trucks go.  People come and people go. If I sit and look out the window for even a few minutes, there is always something to see. The vehicles started arriving just before 7 am on Monday and they really haven't stopped. I have been parking on the road because they are supposed to be using my driveway, but so far no one has used it except a few trucks have backed up into it to turn around. I have been told by one of the neighbours that it is a very reputable film company, and I will still see a check at the end of the week. Perhaps they just wanted my driveway to remain clear for filming. Who knows?!

This was just as I was taking Lucas to school on Monday morning. Trucks, trucks and more trucks. Little Finn is ecstatic!

I took this photo just after noon on Monday, in the midst of a torrential downpour. 

Twenty minutes later, the sun was shining. It was a funny day on Monday, weather wise. 

Even though, there have been lots of trucks and cars coming and going, it is the people who fascinate me the most. At one point, I think there were fifty people walking from one house to another, and I try to figure out who they are. I think, for the most part, all I have really seen is producers, directors, wardrobe and make-up, and the filming crew. 

There was less activity yesterday, (this big truck came around 4:30, which was the only time all day that there looked like much was even happening) but Miracle #1 and I went outside around dinnertime and we watched a little clip being rehearsed to be filmed. It was very exciting and we saw Daphne Zuniga who is one of the stars. She was in Melrose Place in the 90's and even though I have never heard of her, #1 recognized her. The male star was in The Forgiven, and I have never heard of him either. (I don't even know his name)  It was a gorgeous day yesterday which was a welcome reprieve from the rain. The forecast is for sunshine for the rest of the week. 

No comments: