Monday, September 19, 2016

News in the 'hood'

It's been an exciting week in the neighbourhood. It all started last Tuesday with a black SUV parked across the road with a man in it filming the house next door. Turns out it was a man from a film production company who went to a couple of neighbours and is paying them to rent their houses for a movie. The movie is called The Wrong Babysitter and production starts today. It is supposed to end on Friday. 

There are about 15 people standing out underneath the lamp post. This was on Thursday afternoon, when negotiations were being finalized. The director and his crew were out and about for the majority of the day. This is also the day that a man knocked at my door and offered me $50 a day to use my driveway for five days this week. I said "Sure."

This house next door has had a major amount of activity going on for Friday and the rest of the weekend. Our neighbours have moved to a local Bed and Breakfast and there have been trucks coming and going for the last 3 days. They are getting everything ready to film today. 

This was at 4 o'clock yesterday when most of the vehicles had left. If you can see the one on the right, I am just glad that none of my little ones have looked too closely as to what it says on the back.  And that most of them can't read, anyway. Tasteless....that's all I have to say. 

No comments: