Monday, September 5, 2016

Such a wonderful long weekend!

We had the most wonderful weekend. It was full of family, friends, food and fun. It really doesn't get much better than that. Today was a quieter day, but that was a good thing. I am appreciating our extra day off.

Everyone loves this water balloon game. It's a tradition that we re-started last year because of all the little ones. These are memories of when our children were children. 

They all lined up with their balloons. Sweetheart held hers all evening and took hers home with her. I really should find out what she ended up doing with it......

Forever friends.  Russ and Denise have just moved away, but they say they will always come back for the block party. 

This is funny. Leslie took this and posted it on Facebook. I really need to ask Hubby what he was eating as I don't remember seeing any finger food. (I asked, and he told me it was chicken that Dainia made.) And Baby in the background with her hockey stick makes my heart smile. All of the little ones had such a fun time!

Laughter. It really is good for the soul. And there was plenty of that last night. 

Our block parties always end with Rob bringing out the propane campfire. We really do have the most amazing neighbours......they really are our extended family. 

No comments: