Saturday, September 10, 2016

What a beautiful day!

When I suggested to Hubby that we go to Squamish today, he seriously looked at me like I had three heads. It was first thing this morning, mind you, and I guess he wasn't really awake yet. I just let it go and figured that we would go another day. It was the last evening of '50 after 5' at the Sea to Sky Gondola which meant it was 50% off after 5 o'clock, so that's why I suggested it. 

Anyway, after we came home from our Chiro appointments and our delicious lunch out at the Mongolian Grill, he asked me if I still wanted to go to Squamish.  I guess he had gotten used to the idea, so I jumped at the opportunity and off we went. It's not as far as you think it is, and just after an hour we were at Shannon Falls, so we stopped. We actually had not been there in 29 years and it really hadn't changed. I looked at our photo from 1987 and all that is different is that the trees have grown. I guess that's to be expected. 

It was a lot more crowded than it was the last time we were here, that's for certain. 

I really didn't realize how close we were to The Chief when we were at Shannon Falls. It really is only a ten minute walk. But we didn't walk. We drove. 

The sea to sky gondola was way too fun. The view was magnificent and the company was superb. Hubby is always a fun date, once he gets going. 

But you see this suspension bridge? That was scary. I did it. Twice, as I went both ways, but I held onto the rails the entire way across. Hubby kept telling me that it was very secure......which I knew.....but I did not like it swaying in the wind. It didn't bother him at all and he probably would have gone again, but back and forth was plenty for me!

Do I look scared?  I was, so if I don't look scared, it's because I am a very good actress. 

We had a fabulous date night, and arrived back home at 8:30. We were going to stay for the sunset but we went for a nice little 1.6 km hike when we were at the top, and we also had dinner so that was good for both of us. I had Hubby take my picture on the nice stable wooden bridge on our way to the lookout to The Chief, just because I wasn't scared. We had such a great day, from beginning to end!

No comments: