Monday, October 24, 2016

And then there was one

Today was an interesting day. I had to send Isaac home because I got a text from DIL this morning to tell me that Sweet Pea had Hand Foot Mouth Disease. Which is a very terrible name for a virus that causes hand, foot and mouth sores. They are little blisters similar to chicken pox and they are very uncomfortable. I know that adults are not supposed to be able to get it, but there are like 14 different strains of it and I have heard of more than one adult getting it. And it is miserable. 

When children get it, it usually lasts 3-5 days and they are the most contagious when the blisters are breaking out. And children don't really get that sick, they just don't want to eat because their mouth is sore. Once the blisters have scabbed over, then they are allowed back to Daycare because they aren't contagious any more. The last time it went through here was four and a half years ago and four out of thirteen children got it.  So far, two out of eleven have it. Which is why I had to send Isaac home.  It's because his hands and feet had a few blisters on them. He was rather lethargic all morning which I was attributing to a runny nose and a busy weekend so he was tired.  I was wrong. I felt bad that he had to leave but he was very happy to see his Mommy. And his Mommy was pretty happy to see him too! Mama love is the best, don't you think? 

So that just left one little sleeping Finn once Lukas headed home at 12:30, and until we went to pick up the two big boys. I know that I didn't really have to get Lucas, but I offered because I was quite sure that Isaac would be sleeping. And I had to go get Tai anyway. 

Tai doesn't like it when he is the only one here or the last to be picked up. But he made the best of it after Finn left at 4:05 and he went bike-riding in the rain. Really, it was just misty and he was more than happy to ride around the cul-de-sac while he waited for his Mom to come and get him. 

There weren't any other children out as it was kind of wet. He looks so lonely. And if you asked him, he would probably tell you that he was.

It was 14 degrees out this afternoon which means it was warm for the end of October. 

No comments: