Sunday, October 30, 2016

Beautiful day

What a beautiful October day!  I began my day at church, then we picked up Sweetheart to take her to her brother's hockey game, which was at 11:15. He had a 1:30 lacrosse game in Ladner and we made it there with a few minutes to spare. We took the new perimeter road and it was a speedy way to get to Ladner.

The wind was cold, but as soon as it stopped, it was really quite warm out. 12 degrees at the end of October is almost pleasant. 

Sweetheart was so pleased that there was a school playground right next to the lacrosse field. She was very patient and waited until half-time, and then we went over to have a little play.

I stood at the top of this playground structure and had the best of both worlds. I watched Grandson play his game and I watched Sweetheart play on the slides and swings. 

She told me that this was like when we were in Calgary. She was right, it was very much like the playground that is at the school at the end of my aunt's street. 

And then we walked over to the primary structure and she told me again that it was like when we were in Calgary. She was right, it was similar to the one that was right across the street from my aunt's house. It would be safe to say that they got their equipment from the same place that the Alberta school board shops at.  

After fifteen minutes or so, she told me it was time to go back and watch her brother play his lacrosse game. She warms my heart, and as I followed her back to the bleachers she sang and twirled her way back. It was a 7-7 tie and we were able to watch the last few minutes of the game. 

No comments: