Friday, October 21, 2016

Busy Day

Today was the second Pro-D day of the school year and it didn't rain. At least it didn't rain this morning anyway.  I met #3 and her children at the playground and we all had fun.

This particular playground is about halfway between our houses, and it's really quite perfect for all of our children's ages. I even remembered to bring towels to dry everything off, even though I had to go back to get them when I actually remembered as soon as I got to the end of my driveway. Oops.

I love that I was able to spend some time with these school-agers today. Look at how grown up they are all becoming!  

These guys are growing up rather quickly too. Sweetheart is being dramatic here as she insisted on coming into the picture and then refused to smile. She's tired, but as I tell all of the children, "Just because you are tired, that is still no excuse for bad behaviour."  And not that she is being bad at all, but she sure was pouty. I ended up bringing her back to my house as she wanted to play with Pretty Girl, so that worked out great. She wasn't pouty at all today, and the girls watched Frozen and then played dress-up for most of the afternoon. I had a lot of girls today, and Tai, Ethan and Finn.  Even though everyone was busy and playing for most of the day, it looks like an explosion has gone off in my house.  Hmmm, maybe about 16 mini-explosions.....as many times as we put toys away, someone was always pulling more out and playing with others. 

And then tonight Hubby and I went to the Mongolian Grill for dinner, to Walmart and then to a cancer fundraiser with friends. I am exhausted.  Finn fell asleep eating his lunch today and if I sit here much longer then I will fall asleep too. Baby was up a couple of times during the night, (she slept over with her siblings) and not that I don't usually wake up a couple of times during the night anyway, it's just different when I have to be responsible. See how cute Finn is?  I just love how sweet he is and how easy going he is......but I am as tired as he was before his big 3 hour nap.  Good-night all!

No comments: