Sunday, October 16, 2016

Cousins

The remnants of Typhoon Songha were supposed to come through here last night and as it turned out, they didn't. The third storm was supposed to be the worst of all and it never materialized into anything. Apparently it went more north, so the Island and the Sunshine Coast were hit fairly hard, but we in the Lower Mainland experienced a little bit of rain and not much wind. The ferries were shut down at 3 o'clock yesterday and even Stanley Park was closed after 9 o'clock. They were expecting gale force winds and lots of precipitation, and it turned out to be a whole lot of fanfare about nothing. I really do like it when this happens, because it just means that my prayers worked. I really don't like it when weather situations turn ugly, and as much as a lot of people I know say you can't do much about it, I believe we can. Prayer helps. It always does!

Jennifer sent this picture of the cousins who were celebrating last night. We are only missing Cam, Emmi and Trevor, which is a pretty good turnout for us.  Cam and Emmi were working, and Trevor had hockey evaluations. So ten out of thirteen good! They were missed, but the rest of us sure had a lot of fun celebrating two very special little boys. I love my family!

No comments: