Sunday, October 23, 2016

Didn't rain

Oh, I had such wonderful plans for this cloudy Sunday. But sometimes the best-laid plans are none at all. It's already just past 3:30 and we just finished lunch. Seriously. And Miracle #3 just phoned and invited us for dinner. Which I am sure will be in a couple of hours. I hope Hubby will be hungry, because  I know that I probably won't be.  We bought one of those fresh $5 pizzas from Superstore and it baked while we put our groceries away. 

We spent $320 at Superstore this afternoon and I am rather surprised as I am trying to figure out what extras we bought. I know that groceries have gone up a bit in the last few months, but we usually spend between $120-$150 a week. We did buy Halloween candy and Kleenex which is $50 more but not almost $200 more. The good news was that we qualified for the free $25 batteries that they give away if you spend $250 or more, but I am still rather puzzled. I have looked over the receipt more times than I can count and I just can't figure it out!

We went to church this morning but left a bit early to go watch Grandson play lacrosse. He is so fun to watch and he tries so hard. I guess that hockey is finally underway as of yesterday too, as they had a balancing game because they finally chose teams. SIL said that hockey is about two weeks behind this year. I am looking forward to getting out to the rink, but because we have been watching LAX every weekend, we haven't missed hockey yet. The Hockey Association has changed the rules and H4 is playing cross-ice this year, so there are a few irate parents. These kids are 8 years old and they played a bit of cross-ice last year but by Christmas they were playing full sheet.  Now they have gone backwards because they are supposed to play cross-ice all season. It just doesn't make sense. To anyone. 

Here's my favourite grandson playing lacrosse this morning. He just loves it and it shows. 


After the game, Hubby and I went to Langley Farms for vegetables and then to Superstore for everything else. I had sort of tried to plan an outing to the pumpkin patch with the blessings and the day just ran away on me, so it wasn't meant to be.  Would have been a good day because it didn't rain but hopefully there will be another. Or we just may end up there in the rain one day. Or maybe not. There just doesn't seem like there are enough minutes in the day right now to do all the fun stuff!  There are only eight days left until Halloween!  

No comments: