Saturday, October 22, 2016

Saturday

We started our day with appointments, one of which was in New Westminster. I really like that my ophthalmologist is open on Saturdays now, so I don't have to take time off during the week. I had a visual field test, had my pressures read (both eyes were 18 today which was much better than in the Summer) and I was in and out in less than half an hour.  Hubby and I went to Wah Wing for lunch and he commented that he was the only Caucasian in the restaurant today. He was, and I never notice that sort of thing, but I told him that was good. It meant that it was very good food. Which it was.....it's always very good food!  We had our usual chicken fried rice, szechaun beans, salt and pepper prawns and an order of wonton soup. So delicious!

We stopped at Tim Hortons on the way home so that Hubby could pick up some hockey cards. I think we were home about 15 minutes and #2 and Sweet Pea came by for a visit while Pretty Girl was at a birthday party. DIL worked a graveyard shift last night so she needed to sleep and Sweet Pea is not always the quietest little person. Let's face it, I don't think any two year old knows how to be quiet for very long! We had a really nice afternoon and before you knew it, it was time for them to go pick Pretty Girl at 3 o'clock. 

I did some laundry and watched my PVR'd Greys Anatomy from Thursday while Hubby mowed the lawn, I made dinner and then we went across the bridge to watch my first Vancouver Giants game of the season.  Hubby had already been with a friend while I had gone to Alpha with #1 at the beginning of the month, so it was nice to check it all out. 

We arrived just as the warmup was almost over and this is the view from our new seats. Haven't decided if I like them or not, as we used to be at Centre Ice. The Langley Events Centre is not very big, so the new seats are okay, but the others were much better. 

It's good to see the plays developing, but I don't like looking through the netting.  However, I am appreciating that we are at the end that the opposing goalie is at, so we get to see the Giants score in two of the three periods. This particular game went into overtime, so the winning goal was scored at the other end, and it was an exciting finish. And it was really nice to be home in ten minutes. We do live very close to the new venue!

No comments: