Thursday, November 17, 2016

Done

This sweet little blessing is toilet-trained. It just goes to show you how fiercely independent and determined that she is. It was her call. Her Mommy decided that they had a three day weekend, and she was going to give it a try because Baby wanted to wear underwear and go potty like all of her friends. She has been semi-bowel trained for a month or more, and so the long weekend in November seemed as good as time as any. And like I always say, if it can't be done in three days, then they just aren't ready. By Day 3, she was totally done. No looking back. She has a bladder like a camel and goes hours between using the toilet, and it's totally on her terms. But that just goes to show you how ready she really was.  I am awfully proud of her!

I asked her if I could take her picture. She told me, "Cose."  I still think she seems so little and yet she really isn't. She weighs 30 pounds and wears a Size 3 in clothing. Her feet are a Size 8 or 9 depending on the shoe, and as you can see, she always puts them on all by herself. They are on the wrong feet and that is typical. She was just going into the van from my house to her house, and it just didn't matter. You pick your battles with this one, and unless we are going for a big long walk, then it doesn't matter at all. She wants to do everything all by herself. That includes toileting. She can take herself to and from, and yes, we give her assistance but it's not because she wants it. She's got places to go and places to be, and there is no stopping her!

This is funny. She turned around for absolutely no reason but I like it. Just being her cute little self. Wearing underwear. 

I love her to the moon and back again!

No comments: