Friday, January 20, 2017

What a great hockey game!

I went to the Vancouver/Nashville game on Tuesday night and I was hoping that Henrik Sedin would score his thousandth point, but he waited for tonight to do it. And it was worth waiting for!

It was a beautiful goal against his former teammate, Roberto Luongo and the Florida Panthers. It was very exciting and Corinna and I felt very privileged to have witnessed it. His whole team came out to congratulate him!

He got a two or three minute standing ovation, and as usual, he was very humble. He seems like a very classy gentleman. I met him in New York in 2004 but I was extremely starstruck!

There was a congratulatory video at the first television time-out and it was very well done. 

The girls behind us brought these cardboard letters and they were on the big screen a couple of times. They were very happy to pose for me at the end of the game. Such a fun night and a great way to start off a weekend!

No comments: