Saturday, April 29, 2017

It's all about the swag

I started my day at Lonsdale Quay today. Sam texted me on Tuesday to find out if I was interested in going to the Fall for Local show this weekend, and today worked better than tomorrow. She picked me up at 7:30 this morning and our first stop was Starbucks. Gosh, I love this girl!

Apparently, the barista has an Auntie Joanne too.  This is how she ordered my coffee, so this is how it came. I tried a blonde coconut mocha macchiato, and it was delicious. I'm sure that the calorie count was way too high, but I don't frequent Starbucks very often and it was definitely a treat. 

We were actually the first people in line. Which has never happened before, but it ensured that we received a swag bag. This is one of the main reasons that we go......and we always have so much fun and have a wonderful visit. I hadn't seen her in a couple of months so we had lots to catch up on. 

The rain held off until we headed home around noon. Grandson played ball at 4 and it wasn't raining too hard at the beginning of his game but it was coming down pretty good by the end. We have just gone to six softball/baseball games in the past six days and as long as no one is rained out, we still have five more consecutive days. It's just so fun!  Cold.  But fun! We were all joking today that when the sun and warmth does eventually show up, we will all be so surprised. I wear my winter coat to every single game. I went to a couple games at the beginning of the month without it and I learned my lesson the hard way. 

Hubby and I went to the Mongolian Grill for dinner and came home to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Washington Capitals. I didn't watch very much hockey in the quarter finals but the first two games of the semi-finals have been pretty good. We are pleasantly surprised that Edmonton is up 2-0 on Anaheim, and Ottawa beat the Rangers today in double overtime so they are ahead 2-0 as well. I have to cheer for my Canadian teams, and it's such great hockey!

No comments: