Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Picking up the big kids

We walked down to pick up the big boys from school today. And because I usually have seven children on Tuesdays, we have to walk. For the past few months, I have only had six because someone seems to be away or they leave early, but there was a full roster today.  And it didn't rain. For that, I was very grateful.

These boys loved looking at the water in the creek.  It actually took me a few minutes to convince them that we weren't going to find any alligators or crocodiles.  

They were really fun to listen too. At five and six years old, it's very interesting to imagine and converse. 

Sweet Pea and the little ones were just so happy to observe.  

There was skunk cabbage in this particular area.....it was stinky but no one really seemed to care. 

Yes, Preston is missing his shoe and Finn is complaining because we had stopped moving. As much as you would like to think that it is a peaceful walk home, things aren't always like they seem. I often wonder what people think when they see the seven of us coming down the road. And just in case you were wondering, I did have Preston's shoe....I just didn't see the point of giving it back so that he could take it off again. Both he and Finn love to take their shoes off wherever we go these days, and because I don't want to lose them, I just keep them until they need them again. It was a balmy 11 degrees outside, so it wasn't like he needed it to keep warm. 

was so impressed with Sweet Pea today. She walked all the way home from the school, without a single complaint. She was wearing her princess Belle dress, in amongst all the boys and she didn't have a care in the world. 

No comments: