Friday, June 2, 2017

It's National Doughnut Day!

But first, sleep. Finn and Shay both slept for just over an hour, but at 1:55 (just before we had to leave to go pick up her sister at school) Sweet Pea crawled up on my lap and fell asleep. 

I probably should have just taken her and put her into her seat in the van, but I went to get her sleeping friends before I took her down and strapped her in. The pic of Finn was actually taken previous to the others falling asleep as we had a pre-school drop off to make at 12:30. Then we went into town to pick up Mila and Fara from their pre-school, only to learn that they had gone home early because Mila had a fever. I was very grateful to their teacher who saw me park and came out to tell me that they weren't there. Before I unbuckled anyone. I would have been more grateful if I had known before that but I guess there was some miscommunication on their parents end. Such is life and I was called with a very big apology just before 2. Stuff happens. And when Finn fell asleep on the way home, he just looked so precious. 

We went to get doughnuts at Tim Hortons. I even parked and took them in just so they could pick whichever one they wanted. 

Who thinks it's funny that they all picked exactly the same kind?  Pretty Girl chose a vanilla dip and the others followed suit. 

Needless to say, these two cousins were extremely impressed. Like, I really don't think that Finn could believe his eyes. 

.
These two blessings were very happy too.  Sweet Pea just licked all the icing off, but the other three children ate every last bite of theirs. Pretty Girl told me that she had already had a doughnut at school with her hot lunch, and when #2 picked up his girls, he told me he had doughnuts in the car. Happy National Doughnut Day!!

No comments: