Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Irony

I thought that the sign that I stared at last night for over two hours was rather ironic. It said Rapid Assessment. Well, you've been to the Emergency ward at any hospital, it's anything but rapid. I spent three and a half hours there in total to find out that I didn't break any bones in my foot. It certainly hurt enough, but it is 'just' a sprain. 

So what did I do?  That's the million dollar question as I really don't know. I stumbled at the park yesterday as the grass was uneven, but I was fine. Until I came home. I sat down to eat lunch around 1 o'clock and when I got up, my foot was sore. Well, I often have sore feet as I haven't any arches so I thought I just needed to stretch it out. Nope, that just made it worse. And swollen.  And even a bit bruised. So by the time Hubby came home at 4:30, I couldn't put any weight on it at all because it hurt so much. He dropped me off at the hospital and I waited two hours in the waiting room, an hour at X-Ray and found out it wasn't broken. It sure felt broken. That being said, I came home just after 8 and the Dr in ER gave me some wonderful pain killers that knocked me out by 10 o'clock (Perkaset). I rested it overnight and today I'm a new person. Yes, it still hurts, but nothing like yesterday. I am moving around fairly well, and should be fit as a fiddle in no time. Yay!

No comments: