Monday, February 5, 2018

Another appointment

Tuesday, January 16th was the only day of my surgery week that was sort of normal. I didn't have any appointments and #4 and I had our seven children who keep us too busy to think. Which was actually a good thing.

On Wednesday January 17th, I had a nuclear medicine appointment.....I had to be at RCH at noon, but this time I had to go to Patient Registration first. And guess what, this time I was only a half an hour early. 

My appointment was for 12:30, but it only took a few minutes to get through Patient Registration, so there was more waiting. 

And then once you wait in the one waiting room, you get sent down to wait in another. There was a really nice gentleman who was waiting for his wife and we commiserated together on the price of parking. I felt rather fortunate to have good strong legs to walk up the hill as parking at Save-On is $5 for two hours. The hospital lot is $4.25 for the first hour and $3.50 for each additional. It turns out that if you park in the lot underneath the hospital, there is an $11 daily rate for the day....he wasn't sure about in and out privileges, but he told me it was $18 for the day at Vancouver General. He and his wife go to a lot of hospitals and she had a walker so they always parked as close as they could. 

I had to be there at 12:30 to get dye administered.  I'm not going to lie...this really hurt. The dye stings and luckily it's only for a few minutes. After that, I was free to wander about until my actual scan at 3:10. I left the hospital and went to Lougheed Mall, had lunch and did a bit of shopping. 

And at 3 o'clock I went back to the hospital. This is the machine that took the pictures for my surgery the next day.  It was claustrophobic but easy to lie there for 20 minutes. I almost fell asleep. 

And I don't understand these at all, but I was told to go get dressed and wait for these to take to give to my Dr on Surgery Day. I looked at them, but it's all Greek to

No comments: